Medium sized construction company in Minneapolis has an opening for an Operations Manager with a strong construction background.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the daily operations of the company . Responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead, manage, and hold operations personnel accountable.
- Provide prompt, professional, courteous and enthusiastic customer service.
- Be thoroughly familiar and knowledgeable of inventory materials and equipment used to install products at the branch location.
- Responsible for the daily productivity, efficiency and labor budgets of installation crews.
- Coordinate the logistics and scheduling of all installed jobs. Use of thorough organization and communication skills with customers, sales people, department managers and crews to achieve this.
- Responsible and accountable for working as a team with team members to complete assignments and other necessary work as requested by the General Manager.
- Accountable for inventory/order management. Schedule and perform quarterly inventory audits to monitor consistent and accurate inventory of materials.
- Manage and approve expenses related to the branch installation team.
- Monitor branch equipment use, forecast capital expenditure needs and participate in the procurement of new equipment.
- Coordinate and conduct installation crew meetings as applicable. Perform periodic safety and quality pre- and post-checks of jobsites.
- Complete quarterly performance and annual wage reviews for direct reports and ensuring the branch operations department is in compliance as a whole.
- Responsible for facility security and management.
- Thoroughly familiar with our accounting software and how to research project estimated data and creation of work orders.
- Ensure work orders are accurate and product substitutions are noted and returned to the office by completion of the job. Review, approve and process completed work orders and payroll information and route to the accounting/payroll department.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, discipline and (if needed) employment termination of employees.
- Ensure accurate and consistent training of managers, installation crew members and warehouse personnel. Establish training guidelines and implement professional and safety training into everyday tasks.
Other duties as assigned.
- Required skills, experience and talents:
High school diploma or GED.
- Five years of construction or industry experience and 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Basic computer skills required, use of Excel, Word and MS Office preferred.
- Ability to use good judgment and problem-solving skills while striving to work safely at all times.
- Ability to make independent decisions, take action and manage simultaneous tasks.
- Must be attentive to details.
- Will be required to interact with company personnel at all levels, vendors and customers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate a respectful and professional demeanor at all times with strong customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and the ability to read, speak and write the English language
There are several benefits we offer including:
Competitive Wages and benefits