Our client is a busy IT company in Coon Rapids with an opening for a Direct Hire Technology Coordinator. This Technology Coordinator acts as a technology integration architect and project manager and reports to the Executive Director.
This position provides leadership for each primary education client – a major school in a broad range of technology-related responsibilities and implements, coordinates, and evaluates the integration of educational technology tools to support classroom instruction. This position assists in the support and maintenance of the school’s technology systems while working with an external consultant who aids in the management and support of the network and computer infrastructure, connectivity, and security.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities
● Follows and maintains knowledge of all school policies and procedures.
● Communicates effectively, timely and responsibly with all stakeholders and resolves conflict in a professional manner.
● Assists in the development and facilitation of the school’s technology plan and other duties as assigned.
Essential Administrative and Systems Management Responsibilities
● Manages email systems including: creation/deletion of users, updating of email groups, and management of filtering/security.
● Manages Internet domain name, including DNS hosting and website hosting.
● Assists the Communications and Marketing Coordinator with the website with relation to coding, programming, backing up the site, and running analytics.
● Tracks and documents electronic devices assigned to staff, faculty, students, and volunteers.
● Maintains; manages; and sets schedules and procedures for onboarding/offboarding of stakeholders within information systems used for SCHOOL technology (website, student records management system, Moodle, etc.)
● Works with staff to manage the delegation of tasks required to meet deadlines for systems to be ready prior to the start of the new school year. This includes internal and externally hosted management systems and the maintenance and troubleshooting to insure the linking of students/parents/courses with help of school staff. These deadlines shall be communicated and coordinated with the Executive Director.
● Oversees school clocks and bells and delegates/trains facilities staff to maintain the systems.
● Coordinates the management and maintenance of telecommunications systems.
● Provides input on Internet Acceptable Use Policy and have systems in place and configured to maintain proper compliance with the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA).
● Maintains knowledge and understanding of current laws, rules, and regulations regarding CIPA guidelines.
● Assists Business Accounts Specialist in supporting payment systems.
● Maintains a default calendar with annual; weekly; monthly; and semester deadlines and scheduled tasks, appropriating sufficient time for planning, training, research, budgeting, evaluations, and other duties.
Essential Budget and Planning Responsibilities
● Prepares and forecast hardware/software budgeting needs and tracks current fiscal year budget.
● Manages the lifecycle of hardware and software.
● Manages procurement of hardware and software and the allocation to users.
● Administers grant applications and E-rate applications.
● Researches, evaluates, and manages document imaging solutions.
● Creates and implements a 5-year technology plan.
Essential Stakeholder Support Responsibilities
● Evaluates new technologies to improve usability to where faculty will use technology with confidence.
● Manages educational software systems for teacher/student/parent collaboration.
● Maintains high level of knowledge and stays current with the deployed learning/curriculum/student management software systems in order to troubleshoot, remediate issues, and train and assist users in conjunction with the Technology Integrationist.
● Researches instructional training software and evaluates emerging technologies which may enhance the effectiveness and ease of use for all users.
● Maintains and deploys efficient software systems which reduce double entry and use systems which integrate well together. Works toward systems that are all-in-one to reduce the number of systems/portals users need to log into.
Essential Collaboration Responsibilities
● Maintains relationships with vendors; consultants; and staff to work as a team to meet goals, deadlines, and a positive learning environment for students.
● Works with technology vendors and consultants in the planning and lifecycle of network security software and appliances, building security systems including automation, entry systems, video surveillance systems, and life safety systems.
● Delegates and trains staff to assist in data entry of courses, students, parents, and teachers.
Essential Equipment Support Responsibilities
● Maintains an organized inventory of peripheral items such as keyboards, mice, network cables, video cables and provide to users in the event of failures of such items.
● Maintains and administers support for projectors and audio/video systems throughout the school.
● Oversees the internal help desk ticketing system in conjunction with IT Infrastructure Consultant and monitors it to maintain 72 hour support of internal systems such as A/V, Website, and student/curriculum systems support requests.
● Sets up, maintains, and manages school-issued Chromebooks allocated to students.
This position may supervise volunteers, interns, or students.
Work Requirements and Characteristics
Education and Experience
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Technology, or a related technology/computer field.
● A mission-driven individual with a belief in and commitment to the school’s mission, vision, and character-traits.
● Have at least three (3) years’ experience in working with students and educational staff in the field of educational technology.
● A minimum of four (4) years network administration experience. Experience in grant and e-Rate administration preferred.
● Previous experience as a computer/systems technician preferred.
● Must be self-motivated and able to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision.
● Must be able to work throughout calendar year and varied hours (including evenings/weekends), as needed.
● Must have above-average communication skills and the ability to work well with and lead others, as needed.
● Demonstrates skills in managing, configuring, and maintaining current version Windows OS, G suite, student information system, file servers, and directory services. Basic understanding of HTML and website maintenance.
● Must have a proven track record in providing vision and guidance to integrate new technology solutions into an educational institution which enhances productivity and student learning, while being user-friendly for teachers, staff and families.
● Knowledge of FERPA laws and ability to maintain confidentiality with student and staff information.
Pay- $50,000- 60,000 per year